News - 8/17/2022 - 13:04 UTC:
New Discord channels: #🧪testnet-announcements, #🧪testnet-general and #🧪testnet-bugs created for users to submit bugs, ask questions and get the latest news. Please visit these channels for anything related to the Alpha Testnet. New Startup Guides for OSX and Windows published. Links to these documents can be found above.
Update - 8/16/2022 - 04:36 UTC:
Currently, the Phonon Client is not using Microsoft or Apple developer certificates for the Alpha Testnet because the test application is still being developed and improved. If your OS throws a warning, do not be alarmed. As open-source code, it is verifiable that the code is safe to be used.
To join the Testnet, you need:
1. Phonon Developer Kit – Alpha Release (Testnet Kit)*
2. Internet connection.
3. A computer to run a simple app.
* Previously purchased Phonon cards are not equipped with the Native Phonon (nPhonon) mining applet. The latest Phonon cards include the applet. If you already have a card reader (p60), you’ll only need new cards. If you have neither, a Testnet kit is needed. International shipping is available, where applicable.
By default, debug logs will be turned on to allow the collection of data to better understand the performance of The Network as well as identify any bugs or issues in The Network.
1. Plug in Card Reader
2. Insert Phonon Card into Card Reader
3. Install Client from : https://github.com/GridPlus/phonon-client/releases/tag/latest
4. Run the Executable File.
5. Navigate to : http://localhost:8080/
6. Click Initialize on your Card.
7. Set 6 digit PIN number.
8. Now Click Unlock and enter the 6 digit PIN.
9. Click Receive at the top of the screen.
10. Copy the card address that is listed.
11. Navigate to https://register.phonon.network/
12. Paste the card address that you copied into the Card ID sections.
13. Save the config token to your home directory.
As an incentive and to help cover any outlay costs, there is a rewards program of up to 87,500 PHONON tokens for each Alpha Testnet user who successfully completes all the objectives. An additional 1,755,000 PHONON is available as a Bonus Reward for those who complete the Bonus Objectives successfully. Once you have completed the Tasks and will be awarded accordingly. The DAO will verify that you've completed the tasks successfully and you will be able to claim your rewards when Testnet concludes on November 15, 2022. Participants will also be able to claim a special **POAP** upon completion that will grant access to future rewards and even more goodies.
Incentives Distribution: Task Completion –> Bonus Completion –> Verification –> Objectives Complete ⇨ 87,500 $Phonon (+Bonus is up to an additional 1.755MM in $Phonon)
Below are the Alpha Testnet rewards and steps to earn them. There’s no requirement to complete them all, though to receive the maximum reward, we invite every tester to pursue completing them all. Some rewards will require testers to get involved in the Testnet community at large. The hub of the Testnet community will be on the Phonon DAO’s Discord, and specifically, in the #testnet channel. Please join our server and visit the #testnet channel. There will be ongoing Testnet discussions, updates, and opportunities to connect with other Testnet users to complete the objectives and earn rewards.